Organise a consultation
How can I use VOICES?
The results of the VOICES consultation directly affected the European Commissionís Horizon 2020 calls for research funding. As such, VOICES is a model for incorporating citizensí voices into RRI. But the project outcomes can also be used by other stakeholders on a local and national, as well as European level, for example:
- Industry can make use of the results to look into gaps in the market for new innovations;
- Researchers can use VOICES results to align their research with the principles of RRI;
- Educators can use project outcomes to give a national and European perspective to classroom discussions on current science topics;
- Universities can use VOICES as a model for citizen participation;
- Policymakers and funding agencies both within and beyond the European institutions can shape their research strategy to fit RRI.
For practical information on how to implement a consultation like VOICES, download the following documents:
- VOICES methodology - [PDF, 9.5Mb]
- VOICES practicalities - [PDF, 7.2Mb]
- Moderators manual - [PDF, 2.4Mb]
- VOICES script [PDF, 125Kb]
Full, anonymised transcripts of focus groups in all 27 countries are available publicly upon request. Please contact Marzia Mazzonetto (email@example.com) with the details of your requirements.